About Me

My photo
A family of five (Dad, Mom, and three sons) seeking to live our lives to bring glory and honor to God.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Cross eyed vision

Having this eye problem, you will be laughed at & mocked.
And the world will want to change it!

This thought struck me recently as I was contemplating The Breaking of Bread and Drinking The Cup. “Cross eyed”, yes, “Cross eyed” is the way I want to be…………..

For you see, if I keep my focus on the cross. My eyes fixed on Jesus Christ, His sacrifice for my redemption, I am transfixed! All else falls away at The Cross. All my hurts, fears, sorrows, worry, future concerns etc. melts at the Cross. For you will find it all comes back to the Cross. If I have learned anything in my journey as a Christian it is to bring it back to the cross! Even all you read about in the Bible either points to or comes back to The Cross.

It is not about us, it is about what our Savior did on the cross that should fill our minds and hearts. And thus flow out of us a deep appreciation for our Salvation & an intense love for God’s Word and to know what pleases the Lord with the heart & readiness to obey.

I am in no way advocating just “wear a cross necklace” and you are good to go. It has amazed me the amount of immoral, wicked people parade themselves with a “cross necklace”. Do they have any idea what The Cross really means? I dare not think so.

But if you are “single minded, married to Christ” my way of thinking “Cross eyed” you will be ridiculed, made fun of. Just like those who have the physical eye impairment are harassed and uncared for by many. And you better believe that if you are going to “make it” in this world you better get that “crossed eyed” vision impairment fixed! Is that not so true in this “world” !

But in the hearts of the believers may we grow more and more crossed eyed everyday! until we are TOTALLY fixed on glorifying Christ in ALL we think, say and do!

The eye is the door to the heart, stay looking to The Cross!

No comments: