About Me

My photo
A family of five (Dad, Mom, and three sons) seeking to live our lives to bring glory and honor to God.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007


Sold Out for JESUS!
What would you trade for Jesus?
Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.
Matthew 13:44-46

What would you give in exchange for Jesus?

This was a parable Jesus taught. He is not saying you can “purchase” salvation. So please do not misunderstand what I am saying. BUT, it was the joy, excitement and TRUE value that was placed on the hidden treasure and the pearls that caused the person to SELL EVERYTHING they had to get it.

I am awed by their COMPLETE love of t his treasure. Do we love Christ that way? Are we “Sold out to Him and Him alone”? I fear t hat I could not say I have done as these in the parable with my “treasured” Salvation. Not that it is an exchange, but a heart of gratitude that NOTHING can compare to the “Treasure” of having Christ Jesus as my Lord and Master. How do I treat my “Precious Treasure”? Have I “sold” everything that I desire to be to be His Only? Have I “sold” my agenda to the “plans” Christ has for me? Have I “sold” out my life for my husband and see to his every need & desire as though he is Christ to me? Have I “sold” out my desire to use my tongue as an evil weapon or letting my gentleness be evident to all? Have I “sold” out all my control of the future to the Sovereign Hand of God? Have I “sold” out my time for the investment of training my children in The Way they should go?

He paid the Price to make you “Sold”!

No comments: