About Me

My photo
A family of five (Dad, Mom, and three sons) seeking to live our lives to bring glory and honor to God.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Heaven’s Ashes


As I gaze out the window and watch the snowflakes swirl around the house, I am amazed at the look. It is so beautiful to see the snow falling. Absolutely breath taking the view before my eyes. The snowflakes quickly band together forming solid covers on everything outside. I have watched with fascination, the farm yard, the out buildings and vehicles slowly turn white. This so completely draws my eyes and my heart to think of God.

So I look up to where all this glorious white wonder is coming from and I am shocked! For as much beauty as the snow possesses, the sky is frightfully dark. Can this be? That something so beautiful can come from such and ugly sky? How can something so pure and so white come from something so angry and black?

I couldn’t help but think about the passage in Isaiah 61:3 where it talks about God making beauty from ashes. He does that in our lives today! He takes our failures & weaknesses and turns them in to something beautiful and useful for His glory and His purpose.

We are like the snowflakes from our individuality, there are no two alike, to our sinful heritage, the black in our lives, to the pure snow white heart God gives us through His salvation.

An extra special lesson for me today is Christmas! So I can’t help but think about Baby Jesus coming into the dark world, He being the pure, sinless, snow, covering us with His Salvation. Making something beautiful out of the ashes!

So when you see snowflakes, look at the sky and praise God for the beauty He has made out of your dark messed up life!

No comments: