About Me

My photo
A family of five (Dad, Mom, and three sons) seeking to live our lives to bring glory and honor to God.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Etches of February

 

Where does the time fly??!!  It certainly seems to take off with a roar and then is no more!  I wanted to write about what a Dazzling December we had.  But here it is March, soooo, let me share with you what a Fabulous February we had.  Take a peek.

  • Feb 1:  received my manuscript back with a 2 week final deadline on editing the entire thing one last time! OOOO! that is scary!
  • Feb 3:  my husband left for CA to board a ship for work.  What a bummer—a cruise without me—But at least i got some beautiful flowers out of the arrangement!
  • Feb 2-5: cut 243 squares, embroidered them with the names of Jesus, sewed them together, then clipped all the rows, both ways.  Washed it!  It was an Alabama football rag quilt, a group gift for our Sunday School teacher.  Had fun making the matching bag and card for the gift as well.
  • Feb 6: Hosted a Sunday School breakfast for Faithful teacher  Worked on D-Now stuff in the afternoon.  Went to Super Bowl party that night.
  • Feb 8-9:  Worked on D-Now stuff.  Baked for Stellar Kart.  Got caught in a snow storm----got really flaked out!
  • Feb 10: from 7pm until 11:30 pm helped set up light and sound, and worked on D-Now decorations
  • Feb 11:  Worked all day on D-Now, it began at 6pm brought home 6 girls for a sleep over.  Was a fabulous night setting our hearts afire for God once again.
  • Feb 12:  Youth D-Now continued 8 am thru 6pm.  Great to see youth’ hearts moved as well as my own.  Lots of tears, but for a good reason!
  • Feb 13: RESTED
  • Feb 19:  begged for an extension on my manuscript!  Even though my fingers were busy typing every spare moment, it wasn’t enough!
  • Feb 20: worked at a Valentine Banquet for our bus kids and their families.  It was heart wrenching but you will understand why so if you read my book.  I will write an article about this particular day and event and post it later.  But just know it was a hard day not only on my body, but my heart more so.  Also had several of my youth girls join me.  It was awesome to see them minister in several different ways.  Up at 4 am i finished the last words of my book before working with the very heart of what my book is about.  A real face to face with my Abba that day!
  • Feb 26: Husband came home!!  Hooray!  We had a party for him!

And with this kind of February, I am afraid March will March right on in!  Oooopppsss!  It already did!  I hope Marvelous March  has me obeying God to do whatever He has for me! 

1 comment:

Shannon said...

HI MRS. LAURA!!!! :-D
This is Shannon O., from co-op. Just wanted to check out your blog (I love the ribbon background), and say hi. :-)
Love,
Shannon

P.S.
I love blogging too! :-) Here's the link to mine:
http://belowtheplateau.blogpsot.com