About Me

My photo
A family of five (Dad, Mom, and three sons) seeking to live our lives to bring glory and honor to God.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall into Perspective

 

I love this time of year when the leaves change colors and brilliance dazzles the countryside with grandeur! It truly is God’s Canvas come alive!

That is……..

If you have the right perspective! My teenage son and I were driving home this week and we live in the country and take the ridge ling to and fro our home in the Hollow. It was early morning and the views were just magnificent! I just let the colors soak in and praised the God who splashed them up there. Really pictures do an injustice but I have attempted to include some.

As I pointed out over and over again to my son, he was not so enamored! Now it could be a boy thing that he just didn’t get as mushy over leaves as his mother or it was his perspective. He said he didn’t like them because that just meant it was going to be a mess. Then he pointed to the ground in someone’s yard that was already blanketed in what I called beauty, what my son called mess!

If you looked down I could see a bit of his point. BUT if you looked up……….. it was some of the most brilliant blend of colors I have ever seen! So it is in our lives! If we find ourselves in a mess we just need to look up, look up to the Heaven and remember where our help comes from! Taking our eyes off our mess and looking up in the eyes of Jesus makes everything beautiful!

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

                                                clip_image002

No comments: