About Me

My photo
A family of five (Dad, Mom, and three sons) seeking to live our lives to bring glory and honor to God.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Follow His Steps

Follow His Steps

It just doesn’t seem to matter how long you’ve been married, as wives, we are constantly straying from our man. I was reminded to tighten up my steps recently in a very simple way.

We were late for church and it was fairly packed when we arrived. It was clear to see our normal section was filled and we needed to look else where. My sweet husband looked at me and I said, “I will follow you!” and proceeded to do so.Wedding10

But how many times over these past 30 years had I not done that? Had I willfully pursued my own way? Ladies, it is ever so easy to get sidetracked in our calling as wives. But one of the ways we can honor our husbands, is to follow his lead! We vowed to do this on our wedding day…we still need to be reminded…

It was a simple moment but the words I had whispered burned in my heart. “I will follow you.”

 

Ladies trust God enough to follow your husband

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.

Ephesians 5:21-22

No comments: