About Me

My photo
A family of five (Dad, Mom, and three sons) seeking to live our lives to bring glory and honor to God.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

One More to Throw up at You

Okay, now I thought I was done blogging about our vacation, but the Lord gave me one more--

We got up the day of our departure, had our last Hawaiian breakfast then returned to the room to pack.  All went well and everything fit back into the suitcases (though we had to lay on top of them while zipping them shut!) 

Then we took all our things and waited on the outdoor cafe tables over looking the courtyard below.  All day we hung out there. 

At 5 pm, we ate our last Hawaiian dinner, and cocoanut cheesecake!  Then we hailed a taxi and went to the airport.  We had a 9:45 pm departure. 

Still at 2 am I am still awake.  Reading, munching, drinking coffee.  I took a 30 min snooze and before I knew it, we had landed in LAX at 5 am. 

After walking forever to our next departing gate my wonderful husband went to get us some breakfast. 

No more than an hour later, guess what wanted out?  You guessed it.  Thankfully I had made it to the bathroom with a very unhappy tummy.   When all the sudden it all came out.  I don’t know where that much food came from.  But there was no doubt I had nothing left in my stomach. 

Now, I don’t know about you.  But the thought of kneeling down in a LAX airport bathroom stall is sickening to me.  So I stood and leaned over, getting splashed with remnants of a weeks worth of vacation food.

After round two, I finally left the bathroom and walked slowly back to the waiting area.  Wishing desperately that I could rinse out my mouth.   

I slept between stomach pains for maybe 30 minutes, until boarding 2 hours later.  Oh boy, that flight my stomach churned. I was hot then cold.  Bless my husband’s heart, he finally prayed over me. 

God heard his prayer.  I just did not want to be sick on the plane.  We finally landed nearly 3 hours later.  I still could not even sip Sprite, much less attempt to eat anything.  So I was very weak.

Trudging across the concourses at the Houston airport I envied those using the airport carts.  I could barely move.

For the last leg, another 1 1/2 flight to Huntsville, would I make it?  The turbulence did not help my queasy unhappy stomach.  But it manage to keep things to itself. 

We landed and walked (I felt more like we crawled!) to get our luggage, then out in the cold and rain to find the car.  I was too weak to even put on my jacket.

Drove home in the rain.  I could barely keep my eyes open.  But I had carried “the bag” from the plane with me in case I needed it.

We made it home.  I was told to go sit and hold the cat while they unloaded.  So I thankfully obeyed.  Not two minutes later, I am throwing the cat across the room in a dash for the kitchen sink. 

I did not think there was anything more to come up.  But apparently my stomach was just checking to be sure.

So I took a bowl to bed with me.  What a miserable night with fever and my head hurt in every possible position.  Yeah, I think it is the flu (a Hawaiian keepsake huh?).

Now as awful as I felt, I had even more praise.  For God had allowed this to happen on my way home, not on my way over to Hawaii, a once in a lifetime event.  He had kept me from vomiting on the plane.

I have much to be thankful for.  I am convinced that if you look for God’s glory you will find it.

An added blessing was that we had no frozen pipes which was totally God, since our heater went out and it was cold in the house. 

And NO there is no picture I wouldn’t allow Sherman to take one! 

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of

the LORD in the land of the living.

Psalm 27:13

 

 

No comments: