About Me

My photo
A family of five (Dad, Mom, and three sons) seeking to live our lives to bring glory and honor to God.

Sunday, January 05, 2014

Paradise or Pair-a-dice?

IMG_20140105_065259_766 

Hawaii ---- the Land of Paradise as people call it.  Really?  Well that is where my family is headed for a much needed vacation.  On the flight over I have been reading Francis Chan’s book on Hell. 

So with what the world calls Paradise and what God calls paradise are vividly on my mind.  I anticipate seeing some of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen.  I know my nostrils will inhale the beauty floras indescribable.  My body will relish in the majestic vast ocean, splashing with disgruntled sea inhabitants (they don’t like tourist!)  And I plan to eat fresh sweet pineapple….

Though our plans may be simple….we will enjoy the beauty God has created.  Yet the feast upon God’s word over this past year, can not compare.  He is the rare Jewel that leads to the treasure house full.  He is the one who created this beauty, and even what I will see will be very marred by man.  Can  you imagine what The Garden of Eden was like…

So back to the question….do we, you and I, seek Paradise as in Heaven from Hell’s point of view.  Do we believe there is a Hell, and that it is torment beyond comprehension.  That is is an eternity existing in God’s wrath and a lake of fire over flowing with the sins of all there.  Are we flippant, uncaring or complacent, like the rolling of a Pair-a-dice…in a gamble of where we will go when our life on earth is done? 

I for one don't want to take a chance, a gamble, on whether or not I will spend Paradise with my Jesus.  Heaven from Hell’s perspective should move you to share with others, the true Paradise and that this earth will fade away one day….

Paradise or a Pair-a-dice Which “Roll” will you be on?

Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
  Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea,

and gathered of every kind:
  Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered

the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
  So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and

sever the wicked from among the just,
And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 13:46-50

No comments: